The following are common questions asked regarding our Hops and logistics of
order/delivery/pricing etc. Please let us know by emailing
firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any
- Do you sell spot hops?
- We have very limited quantity of spot hops available for sale. Once these are
sold - we do not intend to sell hops on spot basis. For spot purchases we would
then point you to one of our partner distributors.
- What is your current order/delivery process.
The exact process is as follows:
- First enter your order on
our request form.
On receipt of the request, we confirm availabiity of hops with our growers.
Once availability is confirmed - we will enter in a supply contract with you and
grower there by locking in your price and quantity (Please note that this
process can take some time to conclude).
About a month before each shipment from growers, we will prepare and email you a
pro-forma invoice with payment instructions.
Hops will be shipped from Europe after payment is received.
In case of any variations of quantity shipped (as is case sometimes due to
packing variations) - a final invoice will be issued (and refund issued if
quantity is lower).
- How are your prices?
- Since we work directly with Hop-growers and do not have extra overheads - we
expect our prices to be better than others. Depending on variety of hop and
quantity ordered, prices could be as low as $5 per LB (i.e., 25000LB+ order on
some easily available hops) to as high as $20 per LB (440LB hops order on some
high demand hops). Please order from
our order form and we will send you an exact quote/invoice including shipping charges.
For large/special orders, or to discuss prices, please feel free to call 510-708-9777 or email us at
- Can you do long-term contracts?
- Yes - we can do up to five years of contract on our hops. Also we prefer
long-term contracts to one time orders. Please call us at 510-708-9777 or email us at
- Can I order in small quantities?
- Our minimum order quantity for future orders is 440LB. At this time - we have
some limited quantity of Slovene hops available on spot basis for which smallest order we accept is 11lb (5KG).
Once these are sold - all future orders will require 440LB minimum order. Please order at
our order form.
If you need smaller quantity, we may be able to handle it as a special case - please call us at 510-708-9777 or email us at
- Why are packing sizes?
- We typically receive hops packed in 5KG (11lb) bags - 4 bags per carton for a
total of 44LB per box from Europe.
- Some of the packing is in 2KG bag (which is 4.4 LB) - 10 bags per carton.
- Some of the cartons are also 50KG each (25 2KG bags or 10 5KG bags).
- Raw hops are typically in bales where each bale contains 60KG of hops
- How are your hops packed/stored?
- Our packaging and storage procedure is to ensure that hops remain fresh and retain flavor/aroma for the longest time.
The hops are pelletized and packed in nitrogen flushed thick Mylar (reflective aluminum) bags
soon after harvest. These bags are stored below 40F temperature. They are
shipped to US in refrigerated containers.
- Do you sell Type 45 Pellets and Hops Extracts?
- Out preferred product type is Type 90 Pellets or RB60 Raw hops. We will also
supply Type 45 pellets and hops extract if the orders are large enough and
processing does not add to delays for the entire shipment.